Thursday, December 27, 2007

Helper, sounds like fun!

Written By: Heather

And the Lord God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him....and he took one of his ribs...and the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made a woman, and brought her to the man." (Genesis 2:18, 21-22)


I don't know about you but when I see a familiar verse I tend to skim through it, but let's look at this one more closely. Because it's so important & one of the first things God recorded in His word.

The Lord God said: The maker of heaven & earth did two wonderful things. He sent His only son Jesus to die for our sins and He created a helper for man.

It is not good for man to be alone, I will make him a help meet for him: Not a buddy, a room mate, a mother, but a helper. I don't know about you but in our society women are sometimes treated like princesses. I think we believe it is our place...well girl get down off the thrown & let Jesus get on it.

We are the helpers & what a great job. Let's help him out when he gets home, put those army boots away in the closet for him. Get those stinky PT's in the wash. Ohh the excitement of clean PT's in his drawer at 5 am.

and He took one of the ribs...And the rib, which the Lord God had taken from man, made a woman, and brought her to the man: He decided to do major surgery on Adam, to give Him the best present next to life....you. Your man who was alone all those miserable teenage years, dreaming of you!

Sooo ladies, be that helper, lover, confidant that he needs & desires! If he is 10,000 miles away fighting or at home, do something special today for him! Love on that man and watch him take on the world with you by his side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Excellent! You communicated this so wonderfully. I know this is such an important area to be reminded of. It is an 'honor' to be his helpmate not the other way around. ~Pattie~

Sandy said...

I'm a former military wife as my husband got out of the Army many years ago, but this was a good word for me anyway! I really need to work on this. (He still can't get his own boots to the closet, lol)