Sunday, January 27, 2008

In Sickness, and In Health

I have heard about so many soldiers who have been wounded from the war on terror. This causes stress on wives and families. Some wives work, some have children and work - but, whatever the case - a wounded soldier brings on change to the families.

Some cases, the wife may have to drive their soldier to and from doctors appointments - back and forth to work and other places he may need to go.

Some soldiers have been severly hurt, while others not "as bad."

Whatever the case, it is still a difficult road to recovery to the family. Things are not "the same" as they used to be.

Sometimes your soldier is emotionally hurt from the war. Some injuries are outward and some are internal injuries.

You will have rough days, and great days... give your worries over to Christ. Remember, there are others out there like you - and there is help from many different organizations. Please do not try to take the journey alone. It's okay to ask for help... and it is perfectly okay to seek help!

Here are a few uplifting verses:

My presence will go with you, and I will give you rest. (Exodus 33:14)

It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not fail you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed. (Deuteronomy 31:8)

The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble. (Psalm 9:9-10)

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For my yoke is easy and my burden is light. (Matthew 11: 28-31)

Can any of you by worrying add a single hour to your span of life? If then you are not able to do so small a thing as that, why do you worry about the rest. (Luke 12:25-26)

No comments: